Assistant to Controller
Our client a big multinational company with presence around the world
This position will primarily support Finance Manager in the monitoring of the monthly / quarterly financial reporting process and the improvement of financial processes and internal controls in the organization.
1. Financial Reporting:
1.1 Supervises the corporate reporting process (5 subsidiaries and 2 branches aprox)
1.2 Ensures consistency and accuracy of the reported information in compliance with internal policies and accounting standards
1.3 Supports local controllers
1.4 Interacts closely with the manager to provide required information for monthly flux and variance analysis.
2. Internal Controls Improvement
2.1 Assists local controllers in the implementation and documentation of adequate financial processes and controls
2.2 Actively supports process improvements required by internal audit dept
2.3 Ensures consistency of processes across countries and promotes the best practices
3. Other Responsibilities and duties
3.1 Maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders
3.2 Other duties and activities not specifically mentions above may be added
3.3 The position will report to the financial manager.
Skills and experience:
- Strong accounting background
- US GAAP Enviroment (5 to 8 years experience)
- Audit background (Big four preferred)
- Management reporting systems (BaaN, SAP or other ERP, Hyperion)
- Confort, adaptability and openness in dealing with complex international and multicultural environment
- Written and spoken English fluency