Here is some advice on how to help make the move to a new location easier.
• Start by making some early decisions, such as your time frame and requirements.
• If your new company has requested the move, find out what your relocation allowance is.
• Sort through your belongings, working out what you want to take with you, will you need it etc and what can be placed in storage and what is no longer required.
• Contact a reputable relocation consultant with direct experience of both your domestic market and the area you are moving to.
• They should be able to offer a survey and can help with working out a plan that suits your needs including advice on methods of shipment, personal effects, insurance and family transport.
• Create an inventory that enables you to value your items for insurance purposes.
• Find out about temporary accommodation at your destination.
• Paperwork, A good relocation specialist will help with visas, customs forms, passports, address change notifications and more.
• Keep valuables separate.
• Check the move yourself, oversee the inventory and packing / transportation.
• Some relocation companies offer assistance with searches for schools, familiarisation meetings and cultural awareness advice.
We have listed below some recommended relocation specialists.
If you have used any services you'd like to recommend, please contact us.
Crown Relocations is a leading relocation management services company offering tailored solutions to corporate clients and their relocating employees. With over 100 offices in 42 countries, Crown provides relocation programme administration advice and policy counselling to human resource teams globally.
The company delivers a comprehensive range of relocation support services including home sale and property management, household goods transportation, immigration assistance, destination services, cultural and language training and expense management. www.crownrelo.com