- Plan, develop and direct marketing efforts for a particular brand Create strategies to take advantage of market opportunities
- Conceptualize strategic initiatives and implement details of a campaign
- Execute strategies with cross-functional teams
- Manage external marketing partners such as advertising agencies, digital marketing firms and production companies
- Supervise brand content
- Manage access to brand assets
- Develop brand standards and usage guidelines
- Assist integration of campaigns with brand consistency
- Track consumer and market insights by reviewing metrics such as sales volume, market share, profit projections, pricing and distribution, and by conducting consumer research
- Analyze sales data to update a brand or category portfolio, determine new products and delete underperforming products
- Work closely with departments such as manufacturing and R&D to consult on package and product as it relates to branding
- Write reports, specifications and creative briefs
The ideal background of a Brand Manager:
- Proven Previous experience working as a brand manager (5+ years) in an FMCG is a must.
- You will have hands on commercial experience and be driven and passionate in your approach to marketing.
- Experience of the full marketing mix is essential.
- The ability to influence staff on a 360 basis both up and down the organization is essential.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing is preferred. MBA in Marketing is an added advantage.