- College Degree or equivalent, Mechanical or Railway Engineering;
- Preferably with at least 5 years experience in the Rail or Automotive Vehicle Sector. Experience in service market an advantage.
- Knowledge of engineering standards and wear behavior and their application to equipment and in particular pneumatic valves and mechanical equipment.
- Experience of mechanical manufacturing methods.
- Good skills in written and spoken English;
- SAP R/3 an advantage;
- Good Analytical and communication skills.
- Failure and repair assessment of rail brake equipment returned to the Service Centre by the customer for repair;
- Assessment of failed equipment returned by customer for warranty repair;
- Assessment of failed equipment returned by customer for repairs not covered by warranty;
- Analysis of operating conditions and breakdown circumstances of equipment;
- Determination of cause of failure;
- Preparation of reports internal and for customer detailing cause of failure and liability for repair;
- Determination of repair methodology and material requirements;
- Where required further in depth failure analysis including;
- Initiating of laboratory analysis with pre-defined tasks;
- Coordination with Centre of Competence engineers;
- Coordination with production and quality engineers;
- Preparation of internal failure analysis reports;
- Statistical monitoring.