Actuarial Qualification or Honours Business Degree covering statistical and mathematical subjects, or Honours B. Business Science with Risk Management, or Chartered Accountant (CA), or Chartered Financial Analyst.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Requirements
At least 7-12 years; experience in Risk Management in the Financial Services industry; Insurance related experience will be considered favourably.
Excellent verbal written communication skills in English.
Influencing / Gaining Commitment.
Planning and Organising.
South African citizens only.
Brief Key Performance Areas
· On-going maintenance and improvement of the Group Enterprise Risk Management Policy and best practice Risk Management methodologies (in assistance to the Head of Group Risk / Group Chief Risk Offer/Chief Actuary).
· Increasing the maturity of current operational activities/responsibilities or implementing new responsibilities or activities.
· Support of designated Risk Managers in the various Clusters regarding the Group Enterprise Management Policy implementation, best practice and any other risk management related issues.
· Interaction with other assurance providers within the Group (i.e. Group IT, Group Compliance & Forensics and Internal Audit) to ensure a co-ordinated approach to the various initiatives, sharing lessons as well as avoiding duplication of effort.
· Monitoring of Group Risk climate on a global level and advice accordingly (in assistance to the Head of Group Risk/ Group Chief Risk Offer/Chief Actuary).
· Working with Internal Audit to review the maturity of the Risk Management processes across the Group and to monitor & report on compliance to the various Group Risk Management Policies.
· Drive and co-ordinate the implementation of the relevant technology infrastructure (i.e. risk management system) throughout the Group.
· Setting out the agenda for and ensuring that the minutes of the Group Risk Forum are comprehensive, and that outstanding issues are raised.
· Support the Group Chief Risk Officer/Chief Actuary in the completion of his outputs.
· Coordination of Group short term insurance arrangements (in particular the Bankers Blanket Bond, Crime Civil Liability Cover and the Directors; Officers Liability Insurance Cover).