Our client is a large European Cable Operator offering triple-play and over-the-top video services to its customers. The client is deploying a new set of broadband and voice products in several of its European markets.
As part of this project, the client is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join its Network group to manage the deployment of the solution. The PM will work closely with architects, development teams and vendors providing components of the solution.
Provide a Technical PM function
- Manage software development and deployment processes and teams
- Plan project and define product roadmap
- Prepare the project plan for each workstream, incl. key milestones & dependencies.
- Define the required h/w & s/w components/versions for the different environments (JIT, UAT, PROD).
- Engage in budgeting discussions on key cost elements and propose solutions on how costs can be optimized.
- Raise and manage CRs to deliver all environments across affiliates, including connectivity matrixes.
- Support the testing effort by taking an active part in test cases development, planning and execution.
- Facilitate the resolution of incidents by coordinating different parties (architecture, delivery, vendors…).
- Prepare a detailed ‘Go Live’ plan and support its implementation.
- Support all technical and operational trials before the products are launched commercially.
- Work with operations to ensure a clear Support Model and Incident Management processes are in place prior to launch.
- Engage in all relevant vendor discussions as well as technical discussions with Architecture or internal IT delivery functions.
- Manage key risks and issues.
- Act as IT’s central point of contact with respect to other corporate groups or affiliates.
- Support the project lead in preparing and delivering Steering Committee status reports.
- Position is within the IT Department.
- Position is based Schiphol-Rijk, Amsterdam.
- International travel as required (weekly fly-backs to home city are allowed).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Education level: Minimum of bachelor degree in a technology domain.
- Experience: Minimum of 10+ years PM experience in an expert delivery environment.
- Required skills/background in:
- Releasing processes,
- Version controlling, GIT, SVN
- Code reviewing, Fisheye, Gitlab
- Using API Documentation, Apigee, Apiary
- Testing frameworks, unit testing
- Managing Continuous Integration
- ITIL framework, Remedy
- Tracking Agile Project, Jira
- Project planning, Risk mitigation
- Process development
- Cross-functional team leadership
- Enterprise software?
- Software development lifecycle