Work independently or under little supervision to perform Supply Chain activities for assigned product portfolio to optimize inventory, minimize cost, and set and achieve customer service goals. This includes forecasting, capacity planning, execution oversight, and monitoring and reporting of results. Provide input for SIOP process for a given business segment in order to align market and financial requirements with manufacturing capabilities.
Main responsibilities including but not limited
- Maintain demand forecasts while reducing forecast error.
- Work closely with Marketing to decrease demand variations.
- Conduct SKU rationalization and other lifecycle management analyses.
- Lead the planning aspects of new product launches during the pre-launch phase.
- Complete complex spreadsheet analysis during issue resolution or scenario planning.
- Leverage Lean or Six Sigma tools for process improvement in order to increase service and optimize inventory.
- Query databases for information required for decision-making.
- Provide oversight of manufacturing, inventory deployment and distribution to ensure customer service
- Prepare Executive Level presentations as required.
- Serve as primary contact with manufacturing for planning issues.
- Conduct analysis and provide direction for inventory allocation where worldwide service is maximized.
- Monitor capacity loading on assigned production lines and forecast.
- Determine new product ramp-up schedules.
- Determine ISS requirements in terms of weeks of sale for new product launches.
- Manage product phase-outs such that obsolete inventory is minimized.
- Establish and continuously modify safety stock targets.
- Support Business Planning process annually and provide quarterly updates.
- Perform basic financial analyses.
- Ensure personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or Operations required; or MBA/MS in relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BS/BA degree with 4 – 9 years of related experience; or MBA/MS in relevant discipline and 2 - 7 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Internal qualifications, including but not limited
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong understanding of forecasting techniques, inventory management, and capacity planning.
- Ability to use PC's and associated software.
- Working knowledge of planning systems such as Planning Systems and ERP/APS systems a plus.