Our client is a diversified technology company, focused on innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company employs approximately 115,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries and is a global leader across its healthcare, lighting and lifestyle portfolios.
Lead Procurement Engineer (m/f) in Klagenfurt (Austria)
You will contribute on bringing new products (Kitchen Appliances) to market with optimized value proposition and best cost structures. You deliver cost savings and drive value enhancement through key strategic programs like Design for Excellence and Value Engineering.
As a Procurement Engineer based in a Development Center you:
- Represent procurement in product creation projects
- Organize early supplier involvement with a ‘Design for Excellence’ (DfX) mindset and make use of approaches like co-design or cost-reduction workshops
- Prepare Request for Quotations and project contracts including specifications and project requirements with suppliers
- Ensure procurement related risks (cost, quality and availability) are controlled and mitigated, by bringing the relevant procurement colleagues in to the equation
- Driving cost downs activities: Identify strategic cost reduction opportunities for products in the portfolio and for products in development; In new product development you drive savings in close cooperation with Marketing, Quality, Supply Chain Management, Development & CommodityManagement. In this way you deliver a significant contribution to business cases and product roadmaps. To enable this, you understand cost drivers and the power of standardization
- Participate and drive DfX projects supporting business decisions in a convention based forum
The Procurement Engineer will be part of a small international and dedicated team. You will be based in Klagenfurt, Austria. You will report directly to the Procurement Engineering Business Partner. You will work closely with colleagues in marketing, innovation and commodity management.
We are looking for
- Master degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Professional with a 5 -7 years proven track
- Experience in DfX, Value Engineering, LEAN or Six Sigma
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) processes, including product development
- Expert in initiating and driving cost down projects
- Expert user of regarding costing toolset (Should Costing, NPV, TCO) in projects
- Expert in leadership with a great sense of management and coaching techniques; a personable communicator capable of connecting with both internal and external stakeholders alike.
- Team player who is proactive and cooperative, easily gains trust and support of peers, encourages collaboration and challenges constructively, can think strategically and is at the same time hands-on, delivers results
- Understands and is able to challenge blue prints and specifications
- Experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams is preferred
- Prepared to travel up to 10% of the time
Appendix to §9 section 2 General Equal Treatment: The collective minimum salary is equal to € 55.000,-. The actual annual income is commensurate with the market, your qualifications and experience.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.