· As a consultant on Asian steel markets
· Regional and country-level crude steel and hot metal production and consumption forecasts to 2020
· Company, corporate and country level data for steel mills and projects
· Creating, maintaining and improving steel market models
· Forecasting levels of scrap, pig iron and direct reduced iron by country to 2020.
· Information and methodology used in producing these forecasts and justification for them
· Writing steel demand and production reports in English
· Work effectively with a global team of colleagues covering steel, iron ore, coal and macroeconomics
Knowledge and Experience
The idea candidate will possess:
· Interest in understanding steel markets.
· Knowledge of industry data sources in China.
· Excellent written and spoken English and fluency in Chinese.
· Bachelor degree.
· Strong Excel skills
· Experience in the steel industry would be advantageous but not essential .