− Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounts in US and China local GAAP.
− Calculation of demo amortization, warranty reserve, inventory reserve, deferred rental etc.
− Monthly journal entry (JE) and maintain a whole JE list for review purpose.
− Perform cost update annually.
− Prepare revenue vs cost analysis, management discussion & analysis (MD&A).
− Ensure data is accurately reported as required.
PLANNING & FORECASTING
− Prepare P&L and Balance sheet items forecast on quarterly basis.
− Prepare next fiscal year budget.
− Provide variance analysis between actual and budget (forecast).
− Analyse the key reasons for the inventory fluctuation.
− Work with Sales or OA team, clear overdue inventories.
− Perform inventory annual count including demo inventory.
− Coordinate statutory audit and SOX audit. Ensure deadlines are met.
− Supplier PO management.
− AR receipt input.
− Other analysis or tasks required.
The General ledger accountant & budget analyst is a key role within the China Finance team to ensure accuracy of reporting and forecasts for two entities (One is in China and the other is in USA) .
The job holder must have good communication and analytical skills. In addition, the role requires the candidate to have a good understanding of the prevailing accounting standards and Corporate guideline as well as our business structures.
ii. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Technical Background and skills:
· Understanding of financial and accounting principles, budget preparation as well as auditing and internal controls.
· Over 5 years work experience in a similar capacity
· Good command of written English.
· Excellent computer software skills – preferably with knowledge of Oracle.
· A qualified accountant (e.g. CICPA, ACCA or equivalent) would be an advantage.
· Good communication skills.
· A team player and a self starter continuously looking to improve the work quality whilst reducing complexity. Drive to maintain high professional standards
· A questioning and investigative nature, combined with the qualities of being structured & methodical in approach.
· An ability to meet deadlines and get results in complex & diverse situations.
· Can work overtime in national holidays, May, Oct, Jan etc
iii. Key Success Factors
· Timely prepare all statutory and management reports in accordance with Corporate requirements with high accuracy
· Deeply understand business structure and cost drivers