- Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments.
- Defines scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing.
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing. Analyze test run results and report bugs
- Actively participating in the software verification planning and test case design
- Develops automated testing systems using commercial tools, scripts and data set. Writes and maintains test automation.
- Works directly with appropriate developers to understand project concept, objectives and approach of software development projects.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts
- Assures the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important defects by working with developers to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing.
- Able to work independently.
Education: Bachelors (technical) or equivalent experience
Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years as a QA professional in testing and automation development
- Ability to translate software system architectures into an integrated approach to software test including integration / functional / system test / performance / load / stress / scalability / etc.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Work well with peers, project personnel and stakeholders within and outside the organization
- Willingness to take challenge and learn new technologies continuously
- Experience of customer interaction would be a plus
- Solid verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience as developer/programmer in a software engineering environment. Experience with QA automation tools, scripting languages(shell/python/Perl), and programming languages (c/c++) is desirable
- Experience in Linux/Unix administration, knowledge about TET, file system, storage, web services, Ruby, indexing, MS Windows file system, security or Linux kernel is desirable
- Knowledge of agile development methodology, continuous integration / build. QA experience in agile development environment is a plus