Tasks & Responsibilities
Description of the main principle tasks & responsibilities in the dimensions of operational, financial, process & tools, and people related
Cash Flow and Revenue/Margin management
• Have at all times full knowledge of all financial movements in regards revenue and cash, and ensure that such information is consistent and reconciled on a regular basis in the ERP systems.
• Define the revenue milestones at project inception, invoice milestones and progress payments, consolidate, validate and forecast milestones to ensure consistent consolidated revenue recognition.
• Manage the issuance, reduction, recovery and cancellation of bonds and guarantees issuedby Company to the client.
• Provide support for accurate claim compilation and ensuring total consistency of all internal
and external claims in the project financials.
• Provide support for correct risk recognition valuation and associated accounting. Ensure total
consistency of assessment of provision recognition and accounting for any shared risk /opportunity in the project.
• Check, control, monitor and forecast cost movements monthly.
• Manage and forecasting cash movements monthly.
• Manage taxes, insurances and duties required, and the effect on the project costs/cash flows.
• Have a clear understanding of the following project documents and systems and actively manage any financial implications arising from them.
• Ensure that all financial processes and internal controls, including DoA, are implemented, robust and compliant.
• Ensure reconciliation between project books and local statutory books in coordination with the
local legal entity Unit Finance Director or Country Finance Director.
• Review project finance specific internal controls, specifically on site and in local offices, with a formal review of controls and project balances every three months.
• Coordinate with the project team to ensure consistent accounting (margin recognition) and reporting across the project.
• Implement the controlling tools used within the reporting unit.
• Take overall responsibility of all financial issues on the project, from pre-contract award, to contract close (handover to Power Service or FAC or latter as applicable).
• Ensure the adequate establishment of the onshore project in conjunction with the relevant Head of Project Controlling and local reporting unit finance team.
• Control and have at all times full knowledge of all financial movements within the project, and ensuring they are correctly and accurately reported.
• Provide necessary support to Project Directors on financial and commercial issues.
• Prepare the periodical consolidated Project Review report.
• Manage and reconcile the onshore and offshore scope project results both within the project accounts and with respect to balance sheet positions related to the Project.
• Produce all financial project reporting as requested by the project functions or project related units.
Key Performance Indicators
One evidence of good performance related to each single task and responsibility mentioned above
·Little or no remediation (to the fault of the Controller) to the project financial statements as result of Internal/External audit, management project reviews, and Sector financial process reviews.
·Cash collection on time due to good documentation, and good credit control on behalf of the controller.