Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years sales experience, selling into the SME retail industry.
- Proven track record in successfully meeting sales targets, acquiring new customers and strong negotiation skills to bring a sale to a close whilst shortening the sale cycle.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with SME retailers and of the retail industry.
- Understanding the competitive landscape and the growing challenges facing retailers today and how technology can enable retailers to gain an edge.
- Past experience with Retail Pro, Axapta Retail, LS Retail, Cegid Retail, SAP Business One, Microsoft Dynamics Navision or similar retail product required;
- Candidates with a background in ERP software sales into the retail industry may also be considered
- Proven track record in achieving minimum revenue of $1 million annually.
- Must have the ability to articulate ideas and solutions, including company’s value proposition.
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognized university in Business or other recognized Bachelor degree.
- Certifications in Sales training courses.
- Identifies business opportunities in the market place in the respective sales region and manages the sales process from initial contact to its conclusion
- Creates a relationship of trust and acts as the main liaison between the company and the prospect.
- Provides information, and guidance; and makes recommendations on how the business can deal with their current pain points.
- Ability to learn about company’s products and services, do product demonstrations and keeping those up to date.
- Diligent approach to understanding market trends in the retail industry including market activities, and relevant competitors.
- Manage sales pipeline and communicate the same to sales management team by maintaining an up to date CRM.
- The position will require significant travel to meet with prospects, customers and support trade shows, exhibitions and other marketing related campaigns and activities and to represent the company in same.
- Prepare sales proposals and related sales contracts
Starting Date: preferable someone who is unemployed or able to start ASAP.