Worldwide leader in the hospitality industry with the diverse portfolio of distinctive hotels and resorts. A luxury brand with reputation for excellence.
Luxury hotel with 247 rooms and suites, 5 F & B outlets extensive meeting space.
Director of Housekeeping - the role reports to Director of Rooms
· Consistently strives to please all Guests that he/she may come into contact with
· Maintains all Hotel guest rooms and public areas, plus “back of the house” ensuring that the highest standards of cleanliness are met
· Hire and supervises training of all housekeeping personnel to ensure successful operation. Measure, interprets and evaluates working standards of his/her department and corrects where necessary. Creates and maintains good working relationships within the department and with other departments such that a high level of morale is sustained.
· Control all purchases for the department and is consistently aware of quality and cost. Keeps a record of all items purchased.
· Control department labour cost as directed by management.
· Work with the Hotel Manager on all remodelling and renovation projects. Carries out his/her specific decorating program and is responsible for keeping the design in tact.
· Is responsible for the annual budget and the annual linen requisition.
· Oversee operation of Laundry/Valet and Uniform Room.
· Coordinates preventative maintenance programs with the Director of Engineering.
· Oversee the retrieval, safekeeping and disbursement of all lost and found items consistent with company policy.
· Budget and cost control: to assist in the preparation of the Department Budget.
· Conduct regular Housekeeping Meetings to keep employees informed of policies and procedures, special events, further improvement plans and Guest comments.
· Keep informed of the housekeeping standards of competitor hotels.
· Interact with individuals outside the hotel, such as suppliers, contractors, labor relations representations and competitors
· Ensure that all departmental reports and correspondence are completed punctually and accurately
· Have ultimate responsibility and accountability for safety training of all department employees and for the overall accident record of the department. Is responsible for taking necessary proactive steps to reduce/eliminate employee accidents.
· Proven ability to successfully lead, train and motivate colleagues is essential
· Luxury Hotel Brand experience preferred
· Previous management experience in Housekeeping is a must
· Previous exposure to Front Office/Rooms Division an asset
· Must be highly organized, energetic and possess the ability to get the job done
· Strong administration, problem-solving and organizational skills
· Dynamic, energetic, creative and thrives under pressure