Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Key Performance Areas
Business Requirements Definition:
- Work closely with the marketing and business software development team to define the campaign requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Ensure BI requirements are considered in new development projects and assess any changes to existing functionality.
- Business Analytics:
- Monitor and analyse real time and historic data to measure campaign performance. Identify issues, opportunities and provide suggestions.
- Information Presentation:
- Provide support to the user community, by presenting analysis results.
- End-user Application Specification:
- Design new and improve existing reporting solutions to provide answers to business questions.
- Dimensional Modelling: Design data models related to the business unit which will allow for cross analytics.
- Data Staging and ETL Design: Provide technical insights and knowledge during design and code reviews based on the source to target mapping.
- Project Management: Effective planning and prioritising of own work, overseeing technical development and providing progress feedback to business users.
- Degree in finance / mathematics / statistics / actuarial, engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years in an analytical role, preferably in a formal analytics or business intelligence environment.
- Technical Competencies
- Microsoft business intelligence technologies (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server).
- Advanced Excel
- Visualisation software such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Data warehouse, business intelligence and decision support concepts.
- Functional Competencies
- Knowledge of the financial / credit environment.
- A strong emphasis on formulating analytical solutions to business problems.
- Excellent problem solving skills coupled with a high degree of logic and attention to detail.
- Dimensional Modelling Techniques using Kimball methodology
- BI standards and best practices
- Experience in marketing campaign analysis Behavioural Competencies
- Information gathering and problem analysis
- Applying Professional / Specialist / Technical Expertise
- Creating and Innovating
- Planning and Organising
- Quality and Detail Orientation