Electrical Design Engineer
- Adhering to the company procedures and standards
- Ensure that assigned outputs are delivered on time and within budget
- Completing studies as may be required to inform decisions on RFQ response
- Participating in “go / no go” review meetings.
- Developing procurement specifications - material, equipment and services – for pricing of the offers
- Providing technical inputs throughout tender/ proposal preparation process in conjunction with proposals team.
- Assisting with scope clarifications with the client
- Generating designs and/ or overseeing design generation by assigned team member
- Generating material and services specifications for projects
- Checking, verifying and reviewing designs
- Perform design changes during the client review stages and during the installation phases.
- Ensure proper configuration control as a result of the modifications.
- Interfacing with the various groups involved in the project lifecycle – Project Engineering, Procurement, Cost Control, SHEQ.
- Ensuring that Electrical designs are complete in accordance with an agreed project plan and budget.
- Participating in FATs on an as-needed basis, providing the technical expertise to ensure that he supplied equipment meets the Technical Specifications
- Participating in Receipt Inspection activities for Electrical equipment, when required.
- Assist with the generation of test procedures OR reviewing test procedures as generated by the project team, in support of the project, on an as-needed basis.
- Participating in actual site testing as may be required by the project team.
· B.Sc in Electrical Engineering.
· An authorised Safety Evaluator in terms of KTA-005 (for Koeberg work).
· Completed the Nuclear Engineering Course (for Koeberg).
· Minimum of 5 years relevant design experience.
At least 3 years in the nuclear industry.
Get Jobs Like This By Email
Email This Job To A Friend