Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Work with stakeholders to understand their drivers and help develop the product strategy and business cases. Define and clearly communicate a prioritised roadmap plan that implements the strategy, including measurable improvements.
- Understand high level Epic requirements and decompose these into smaller packages of work for implementation within Scrum team.
- Build and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships.
- Actively seek input from internal and external stakeholders and complete competitor analysis to keep abreast of industry and best practice.
- Work with the Business Support team and Business Stakeholders to produce detailed user journeys, acceptance criteria and designs ready for implementation.
- Assist with product /system/process documentation to support users and business continuity.
- Work with the scrum team and PO Team Leader to deliver key milestones, including managing and prioritising the story backlog to ensure the work items delivered meet expectations.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on strategy, successes, learning and progress on product vision. Overall owner (champion and advocate) of the product backlog, keeping the business and tech teams informed of work delivered and benefits realized.
- Understand the strategic and competitive position of the product, carry out competitive analysis and deliver value adding increments.
- Lead and inspire the Scrum team to instil quality, encourage innovation and reduce defects.
- Bachelor's degree required, a computer related discipline preferred. (Experience may take the place of a degree).
- Prior experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst advantageous. Understanding of standard software development life cycle for enterprise software applications.
- Understanding of standard software development team roles and responsibilities.
- Understanding of scrum framework and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Agile Scrum delivery methods and a good understanding of the Product Owner role.
- Knowledge of requirements capture and specification techniques, the ability to balance tactical and strategic needs and always focus on the customer.
- Creative thinking backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of conducting user research and working with teams to develop wireframes and specifications for new product features.
- Experience of working with remotely located stakeholders and/or development team.
- Project management skills including, product based planning techniques, business case creation & maintenance, and issues & risks management.
- Experience of managing multiple feature development in one backlog.
- Experience of managing projects, BAU work and product roadmap priorities in parallel.
- Strong negotiation skills with aptitude to manage controversial situations as well as influence.
- Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information quickly.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all levels of audience.
- An understanding of software development an ability to work closely with technology teams in scheduling functional and non-functional requirements.
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination and planning.
- Self-driven, and ability to work at pace in a dynamic organisation.
- An understanding of change and version management.
- Knowledge of behavioural driven development and continuous integration.
- Excellent time management.
- Proven effective communication at all levels of the business.
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Self-starter with a proven work ethic.