- The Senior Product Owner will be responsible for validating product ideas with iterative reviews of plans and work-in-progress with customers, architects and product teams. This individual has acquired expertise in the assigned functional area by staying abreast of industry trends, competitor capabilities and new entrants in the technology space. As the Snr product owner, you are responsible for the product success — for creating a product that does a great job for the users and customers and that meets its business goals. You therefore are required to interact with:
- Users and customers as well as the internal stakeholders (DBA, BI, IT Security).
- The SDM and their development team.
- As well as the Product Owner Team Leader.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Work with stakeholders to understand their drivers and help develop the product strategy and business cases.
- Define and clearly communicate a prioritised roadmap plan that implements the strategy, including measurable improvements.
- Understand high level Epic requirements and decompose these into smaller packages of work for implementation within Scrum team.
- Build and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships.
- Actively seek input from internal and external stakeholders and complete competitor analysis to keep abreast of industry and best practice.
- Work with the Business Support team and Business Stakeholders to produce detailed user journeys, acceptance criteria and designs ready for implementation.
- Assist with product /system/process documentation to support users and business continuity.
- Work with the scrum team and PO Team Leader to deliver key milestones, including managing and prioritising the story backlog to ensure the work items delivered meet expectations.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on strategy, successes, learning and progress on product vision.
- Responsible (champion and advocate) for multiple product backlogs and any cross dependencies that exists across backlogs, keeping the business and tech teams informed of work delivered and benefits realized.
- Understand the strategic and competitive position of the product, carry out competitive analysis and deliver value adding increments.
- Lead and inspire the Scrum team to instil quality, encourage innovation and reduce defects.
- Bachelor's degree required, a computer related discipline preferred. (Computer Science, Information Systems).
- Prior experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst advantageous.
- Understanding of standard software development life cycle for enterprise software applications.
- Understanding of standard software development team roles and responsibilities.
- Understanding of scrum and Kanban frameworks as well as agile methodologies.
- Provide leadership in managing projects and resources to ensure maximum value added to product enhancements.
- Develop and communicate a deep understanding of user and customer needs and business goals.
- Develop expertise and serve as subject matter expert for designated product areas.
- Gather requirements and specifications for software enhancements.
- Conduct gap analysis between feature requirements and existing application functionality.
- Gather user and stakeholder input, including, interviews, usability tests and demonstrations.
- Deliver functional specifications including functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, data mapping and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to maintain and prioritize product backlogs.
- Collaborate with business owners, software developers, quality assurance testers and business analysts to plan and develop product enhancements.
- Determine if completed enhancements are accepted for inclusion in a future product release.
- Communicate functionality changes to support, training, documentation, and marketing teams.
- Demonstrate product enhancements to business.
- Strong negotiation skills with aptitude to manage controversial situations as well as influence.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Process-oriented and driven to achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize effectively.
- Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous and event-driven environment; excellent planning skills with a history of delivering results.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with a customer service orientation. Demonstrated competency to effectively interact at all levels across the organization, working with ambiguity and build successful relationships.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must be flexible and able to meet strict deadlines and sudden and unpredictable needs.
- Strong political acumen, diplomacy, and emotional intelligence; successful ability to manage conflict with positive result.
- High stress tolerance.
- Solution and results orientated
- Be prepared to work in a 24/7 environment.