Development Industries Ecommerce Specification Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Manage Software Development project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure.
- Work collaboratively across technology teams including architecture teams to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation. Focusing on new products
Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Project schedules
- Detailed project plans o Project scope statements
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Work together with Business, Software Development teams and Product Owners to understand future business requirements and strategies.
- Play a key role in requirements gathering, project documentation, and the translation of requirements for software development teams ensuring documentation standards.
- Tailor project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual projects.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule.
- Communicate and collaborate with technology and business stakeholders as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting.
- Provide input into strategic planning and asset creation processes.
- Coach and train project team members on Project Management processes and best practices.
- Contribute to the design and coding of products.
Requirements Job Competencies:
- BSc. or BA. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Five years of experience in a technology environment, including 2-3 years of practical professional experience in project management.
- Project Management Certification.
- Proficient with MS Project or similar software and MS Office applications.
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, End-users, management and others outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated with ability to drive projects.
Advantageous Job Competencies:
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development
- Basic knowledge of SDLC, SCRUM, and Agile methodologies.
- Good understanding of coding website components with a firm grasp of Microsoft technologies
- Good understanding of internet technology and web development
Understanding of system architectures Personal Competencies:
- Must be able to demonstrate strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent inter personal skills
- Maintain the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment. High stress tolerance.
- Resilient and adaptable.
- Able to multi-task with great attention to detail.
- Able to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Solution and results orientated.
- Analytical thinker.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Structured and organised.
- Strong business acumen.
- Be prepared to work in a 24/7 environment.