We are a fast growing international Data Management and Protection business in a market which is
We have partners across the globe and offices in the UK near London and in South Africa in
Johannesburg and Stellenbosch.
We are experiencing an exciting time in our growth as we look to expand our cloud offerings and scale
Job title: JAVA Software Developer (All Levels)
Overall job objective:
The Java Developer’s core responsibility is to work with the client
Development team to develop and maintain clients Backup Pro software,
which is currently being rewritten from the ground up using the latest
techniques and libraries.
· Develop and maintain client's Backup Pro software, in particular:
o Cross-platform backup client.
o General code quality improvement (testability, performance, resource usage).
· Produce design specifications and implement (code) design according to best practices and
software coding standards.
· Produce test code (unit tests) to drive all functionality, including error paths.
· Ongoing support throughout lifecycle of the product (or until the support responsibility has been
re-allocated), to all departments and customers as and when required.
· Provide assistance to junior developers on technical issues, coding and software engineering
· Work closely with Team Leaders and Project Managers to make sure delivery schedules are met.
· Work closely with technical team and systems architect to provide technical direction for existing
and new applications.
· 3+ years of practical experience (excluding studies) in a commercial working environment is a
· Must have written code for several different projects; having been involved from design to
commercial implementation (including ongoing maintenance).
Skill set requirements
· Extensive Java or C# experience
· Experience with test driven development
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
· Proven analytical and problem solving skills
· Comfortable in Linux environment
· Knowledge of Git, Spring framework, HTTP and REST
Report to: Director of Software Engineering
Liaison with: Other developers, Product Manager, QA Manager
Promotional opportunities: Open