Position Systems Business Analyst and Team Lead Business Function Product management, support and development Managers Name Line manager job title/ Reporting to Product Manager Subordinate job titles/
Responsible for Functional relationships Developers,Product Manager, Product Owners, Service Delivery Manager Roles Business Analyst Product Designer Team Lead Type of Job Full time Job Purpose The purpose of the job is for the Systems Business Analyst and Team Lead to design additions to existing systems or to design new systems from a functional point of view and lead a team.
The Systems Business Analyst and Team Lead will then be required to contribute to the requirements analysis of a project and the design of the product.
The Systems Business Analyst and Team Lead will be required to contribute to the development of detailed software specifications and assist developers with the understanding of the design and the requirements. The requirements must be developed at a user level as well as at a developer level.
The Systems Business Analyst and Team Lead must ensure that the business conditions for the product have been met and that it adheres to architecture standards and principles.
The role is a very collaborative and team based role that requires close relations with the users, the Technical Lead, the developers and the product specialist and owner. The Systems Business Analyst and Team Lead will be held responsible for the success of the project to the same extent as every other team member.
The Systems Business Analyst and Team Lead will be required to lead the team to ensure the project is a success.
Responsibilities and approximate weighting
Responsibility Product design Weighting 50%
Reporting information Requirements Documents, Specifications, Test plans
● Responsible for carrying out business analysis activities as directed by the Product Specialist.
● This includes requirements gathering, clarification with product experts, writing specifications and documentation, and supporting test activities.
Design documentation includes:
● Business process models o User interface mock-ups o Software classes and components o Migration approaches and functions o Logical and physical database models
● Presenting these requirements in a form which can be used by the Developers to implement the functionality.
● Informing the Product Specialist or Technical Lead of issues that may affect the required resulting product.
● Take part in quality reviews.
Collaborate with various levels of stakeholders :
Developers, Product Specialist and users.
● Work with stakeholders to improve the design.
● In projects involving other products, the Systems Business Analyst and Team Lead should gain a level of proficiency with the other products so that they are able to understand the project requirements. This will involve collaboration with product experts and other project team members.
● In integration projects, the Systems Business Analyst and Team Lead may be expected to test interfaces to other products as part of the requirements specification process. This will involve some work on a technical level.
● Support for these activities will be available from the Developers. However the Systems Business Analyst and Team Lead should be comfortable working on this level.
● Responsible for the preparation of user documentation for the systems being developed.
● Responsible for the preparation of test plans and the execution of these tests. Responsibility People Stewardship Weighting 50% Reporting information ERP Product Manager and Service Delivery Manager
● Mentor team members to grow design competency and domain knowledge.
● Contribute to knowledge repositories on each development project/increment in the areas of:
o Domain knowledge
o Design standards
o Process improvement
● Contribute product knowledge to:
o Business development o Product support
● Management of the project which includes:
o Deliver the project within service delivery parameters for the project o Manage the costs and hours o Manage the risks of the project o Manage scope creep o Resource planning o Follow agile project management methodologies and work procedures o Ensure team delivers required output o Communicate progress
● Motivate the team members
● Collaborate with the ERP Product Manager, Service Delivery Manager and developers.
● Identify training requirements for the team members.
● Report project progress to the client. Formal learning/Education required to perform optimally in the role
● An IT related degree (BTech(IT), B Sc or BComm) or diploma
● Some formal training in o Requirements analysis o Database design o OO Design o Team Leading Skills/knowledge and experience required to perform optimally in role
● Business Process design principles and concepts.
● Developing application and or data integrations.
● Ability to transform business requirements into workable designs at a functional level.
● Contribute to implementing workable designs on a technical level
● Assist the technical team with advice on the product design.
● Knowledge of relational database design concepts.
● Knowledge of service orientated architecture.
● Knowledge of object orientation analysis and design.
● Experience in team leading of an IT related project. Competencies required to perform optimally in role
● Team player who is willing to deliver on organisation wide objectives.
● Action orientated.
● Equal and balanced knowledge of all aspects required to build a software solution.
● Humility - do whatever is necessary to help the team achieve success.
● Compassionate - to be there for the team throughout the project cycle.
● Commitment - Always committed to giving your best and make all the necessary efforts to reach the team’s objectives.
● Ability to work under pressure. Language requirements Speak, understand and write : English Some understanding of Afrikaans recommended Additional Activities Travel to client sites on an ad hoc basis. Attend Special interest group meetings and conferences.