Title: Financial Analyst
A position for a Financial Analyst exists in the Business Decision Support Unit, Financial Management Department, based in Bellville, Cape Town.
Budgeting and Forecasting
• Provide assistance in the budget and forecast process in the preparation of a three-year budget view, monitoring of results against the long-term strategy targets and reporting to Exco on the outcome.
• Budget System Administration
• Preparation of general guidelines (budget and forecast).
• Training of relevant budget holders
• Assistance in design of reports for the finalisation and sign off of Annual Budget and Forecasts.
• Confirm and review the accuracy and completeness of all movements of business between branches/regions
• The budget is delivered annually and the forecast quarterly.
• Detailed analysis and reporting of expenses
• Running of analytics to identify patterns, anomalies, potential fraudulent transactions.
• Support to business on ad hoc projects and requirements relating to management expenses.
• Monthly and ad hoc reporting
• Review and implement expense allocations.
• Channel costing, analysis and reporting
• Competitor analysis and reporting
• Understanding of company’s MIS systems and drive changes based on business requirements.
• Monthly headcount reporting
• Relevant four year financial tertiary qualification
• Minimum 3 years financial services experience at a senior level; experience in the insurance industry on a senior level would be highly recommended
• Experience in financial management reporting
• Completed article training is highly recommended
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills
• Problem solving
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
• Results orientated and deadline driven
• Capacity to operate under extreme pressure
• Strong quality and client service orientation
• Highly skilled in Excel and sound PowerPoint skills
• Good communication skills
• Insurance accounting
• Budgeting, planning and forecasting processes and systems
• Financial and budget applications
• Qlickview and/or JDE would be preferable
• Financial and Management Reporting
• Ability to manage diverse stakeholders
• Computer literate (Advanced Excel)
Competencies • Deciding and Initiating Action
• Working with people
• Relating and networking
• Persuading and Influencing
• Presenting and communicating information
• Creative and innovating
• Planning and organizing
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
• Adapting and responding to change
• Coping with pressure and setbacks
• Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking