- Develop effective pricing and risk management strategies to balance profitability and growth.
- Benefit tracking and performance monitoring of financial, underwriting and distribution indicators.
- Create and maintain business reports to direct thought processes that drives action.
- Continuous process improvement and strategy evaluation.
- Participate in strategic projects where actuarial input is required.
- Support current claims and underwriting segmentations models.
- Interacting with distribution (sales) and claims with the objective of constantly incorporating market trends into the product solution value chain.
- Supporting the development of product solutions for various market segments and channels.
- Qualified actuary or equivalent qualification e.g. mathematics, statistics.
- Experience in building pricing and optimisation (demand based models).
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills, e.g. SAS, SQL, etc.
- Strong actuarial modelling skills.
- Strong logical and analytical ability.
- Leadership skills within own team and cross functionally.
- Experience in the insurance industry is recommended.
About the Company
The Company is the market leader in the general insurance industry in South Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding, and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of insurance good and proper.
Please note this appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity targets. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.