Department & Region: Group Actuarial & Risk – Head Office, Bellville
Output / Core Tasks:
Advanced Analytics Implementation:
- Assist with the implementation of the Group component of the advanced analytics strategy and Target Operating Model (TOM) for the South African entities in the Company Group (the South African Group):
- Implement further initiatives that may flow from the Target Operating Model.
- Work with business units to achieve these objectives.
- Assist with the formulation of a (South African) Group view on Regulatory proposals in South Africa:
- Obtain input from business units towards the formulation of a group view on regulatory proposals covering specifically market conduct regulation, reform proposals (e.g. social security reform) and similar regulation.
- Implement Company initiatives in response to changes in legislation.
- Where regulatory proposals result in new market conduct legislation and new reform legislation that impact the entire Company Group, the incumbent need to promote the consistent implementation of initiatives in response to such legislation throughout the Group.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar field (Advanced Analytics & Regulatory Co-ordination) at a senior level with exposure to the main drivers of value to the company will be beneficial.
- Experience in industry liaison work will be beneficial.
- Very good knowledge of all aspects of the financial services industry including drivers of value for shareholders, clients and employees and expectations from the Regulator.
- Understanding of the drivers of value and strategic direction of the company’s competitors.
- Understanding of the drivers of value and strategic direction of the Company Group.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and concomitant industry dynamics in other international jurisdictions, particularly the United Kingdom and Australia.
- Good understanding of the Group’s information management landscape, IT challenges and opportunities.
- Strategic decision making
- Analytical Thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Continuous Learning
- Stress Tolerance
- Innovative Thinking
- Change Management/Change Facilitator
- Influencing/Gaining Commitment
- Environmental awareness/ Business Acumen/ Entrepreneurship
- Treating Customers Fairly