South African citizens only
Completed Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration essential.
Skills & Experience:
A minimum of 1 years working experience in a Fund Accountant role.
Knowledge of hedge fund investor and portfolio accounting concepts advantageous.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Excellent computer and technical skills; Word, Excel.
Strong client and investor servicing skills, including the ability to respond quickly and under pressure.
Self-managed individual with the ability to follow through to completion while effectively managing time in order to meet deadlines.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
A team player with a great attitude and strong work ethic.
The Fund Accountant will provide support to the Virginia office, ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the team run smoothly.
- Track and deposit funds received for investment.
- Perform daily bank and portfolio reconciliations.
- Update general ledger with daily and monthly cash, positions and profit and loss (p&l) activity.
- Prepare monthly account closing procedures and ensure compliance with established accounting procedures and controls.
- Ensure fund expenses are accrued timely and in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform monthly master-feeder accounting allocations.
- Prepare or detail review investor allocations.
- Prepare accounting journal entries related to standard accruals, mgmt. fees, incentive fees, and profit share allocations.
- Review fund offering documents to create account set up on investor allocation systems and identify possible accounting or administrative implementation issues.
- Assist with the coordination of year end audit with client and independent auditors.
- Prepare specialty and ad hoc reports as requested by Clients.
- Process new subscription agreements.
- Collect and maintain investor KYC/AML documentation.
- Enter and maintain contact information for new and additional investors.
- Maintain all paperwork produced in the funding process.
- Create investor files for new subscriptions.
- Scan all documents for digital storage if not rec’d in digital format.
- Process and research redemption requests.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.