Draughtsman’s Job Spec
Job Description: Responsible for creating various documents to be used to assist with the manufacturing and quality control processes, serving several production lines producing both sailing and power driven yachts. These documents include (but are not limited to) manufacturing drawings, assembly drawings, installation drawing, quality control drawings, check lists and bills of material.
Description of candidate (personality):
- Methodical / Systematic worker
- Dependable / honest
- Fluent in English
- A good perception of 3D space.
- Good Communication skills (verbal & written)
Description of candidate (qualifications):
- Matric Certificate
- Relevant tertiary qualification or at least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Good working knowledge of Solidworks (2013 upwards)
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD / Draftsight (2010 upwards)
- Speed / Accuracy tests to be conducted in both programs.
- Working knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel)
- Engineering / Architectural experience preferred.
- Portfolio preferred.
Experience or an interest in either fibreglass component manufacture or recreational boats would be advantageous.