Engineer’s Job Spec
The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Implement engineering changes through the ECR (Engineering Change Request) process.
- Equipment changes including research, design, drawing preparation and implementation.
- Liaise with purchasing and logistics regarding stock codes and BOM’s for new parts and changes.
- Prepare component, assembly and installation drawings.
- Liaise with and support production activities.
- Must be able to do mechanical design work.
- Ability to model in Solidworks, including changing existing drawings and creating new drawings.
The core competencies and requirements for this function are:
- Relevant B Tech or equivalent technical qualification
- 2 years working experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Solidworks experience is essential
- Experience with Syspro is advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
Experience or an interest in either fibreglass component manufacture or recreational boats would be advantageous.