Director of Engineering - Software Development
- Ultimate responsibility for both the development and the QA teams and/or for multiple development teams.
- Sets the strategic plans and priorities within a product group.
- Ensures the strategic plans of the teams align with divisional and/or corporate goals.
- Negotiates with executive staff for proper resources and product development strategies.
- Leads the development activities and manages the allocated resources for multiple project teams.
- Is able to handle multiple conflicts and challenges and re-prioritize as necessary.
- Has budget responsibility and is held accountable for all project-related costs.
- Sets clear objectives for direct reports and compares deliverables against objectives. Delivers appropriate and timely quarterly and annual reviews
- Leads the operations and activities of a major functional area, recommending strategy.
- Requires in-depth functional knowledge and thorough company knowledge.
- Requires cross-functional communication and negotiation.
- Makes decisions and implements policies that affect areas of the company outside their own functional area.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations' effective achievement of objectives
- Experience - 18 + years of professional experience designing and developing software applications.
- 10 Years of Solid Management Experience
- Experience in C++ / VC++ / Windows
- Must have a proficient knowledge of software development methodologies and lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Get Jobs Like This By Email
Email This Job To A Friend