~~My client, a global leading Energy Group, is looking for a Degree or Technical Qualified Senior Buyer to join their Purchasing team at one of their largest Manufacturing sites. This is an exceptional opportunity to join the site right now as changes ring through the site generating huge investment and greater prospects for current and new employees.
To define, analyse, develop sourcing strategy for the relevant category of spend.
On-going management of category and supplier base and work with internal Stakeholders through-out the requisition to pay process to ensure best value for the business.
Specific Category Requirements / Skills
• Purchasing focal point for Catalysts and associated Support Services.
• Third Party spend > GBP 20 million
• Negotiation and finalisation of terms & conditions for products, spent catalyst, precious metals, logistics and finance.
• Establishment and monitoring of letters of credit where required.
• Liaison with Technical Focal Point and on-going management of Catalyst 5 Year Plan
• Direct communication with Sister plant on common materials and lead role in joint negotiations.
• Pushing standardisation with Sister plant where appropriate
• Management of a Global supply base.
• Flexibility working alongside Chemicals Senior Buyer to manage the ChemCat Category total spend.
• Implementation and management of a strategic category structure via clear Buyer Business Plans (BBP) and contract pipelines.
• Management and completion of all requests for quotations and approaches to market from site for all spend related to the category.
• Post Award management of all Contracts in line with the Supplier Performance Management Tool.
• Develop and maintain required (management) reports and spend analysis and report value improvements.
• Communicate and manage relationship with suppliers and stakeholders.
• Responsible for contract strategy & award presentation for site contract board and above where applicable.
• Participate in process and cost improvement activities. This includes participation or leading LEAN, Waste Elimination or Six Sigma projects and coaching the business organization with use of contracts.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: COMPLETE FOR RECRUITMENT
• Relevant Technical or Business Degree
• Purchasing experience in related role.
• Working towards or has achieved CIPS Professional Diploma (L6)
• Proven track record in negotiations, stakeholder and supplier relationship management and category management.
• ERP Systems Knowledge, especially SAP