· Report to the Purchasing Manager
· Strategic understanding of the supply base market place , focusing China and Asia Pacific.
· Expert knowledge in the management of all strategic sourcing activities in respective categories on regional/global commodities
· Define, enforce strategies and policies concerning his categories
· Cross functional responsibilities
Strategy development :
· Proactively monitor and evaluate opportunities on the addressed commodities, focusing mainly China and Asia Pacific.
· Drive and lead strategic sourcing activities.
· Partner with purchasing community to formulate a sourcing strategy for addressed categories via spend map and market
· Partner with purchasing community to lead cost saving at TCO levels, and increase contracts coverage.
Commodity management :
· Responsible for identify, evaluate, set and follow up the strategy in specific categories.
· Managing supply base, leading strategic negotiations, contracting.
· Assuring supply security, supply processes ( on a LEAN environment) and quality requirements on a TCO approach.
· Commit on a material cost budget and a continuous cost saving program.
Execution / implementation :
· Preparation and analysis on global / regional RFQ proposals / packages, supplier selection, negotiation and
communication with users across purchasing community.
· Contract negotiation with selected partner / supplier by respecting contract group policies.
· Close follow up of the selected supplier panel, by monitoring KPI and regular business review.
· Leading and influencing sourcing within the addressed category.
· Conduct and drive commodity and sourcing meetings (eg councils) in global sourcing community.
Contribute to purchasing communication :
· Follow BU SF SPL purchasing / supply chain policies.
· Anticipate internal conflict: propose solution to Purchasing Manager .
· Ensure continuous update of own data and communicate relevant ones to stakeholders on own categories.
· Prepare support document for Purchasing / supply chain / quality meetings.
Reporting / programs follow up :
· Track and report saving in accordance to the saving group methodologies.
· Report progress of actions plans to the purchasing / supply chain / quality teams.
Other activities :
· Contribute to develop processes (Global sourcing processes, commodities strategy processes).
· Define templates, propose generic actions plan (“copy/paste”) for other sites.
Training : technical engineer and / or master in Purchasing
· Experience : 8 - 10 years experience as industrial purchasers, and or sourcing buyer for an international company
· Language : English (fluent), Chinese, other languages a plus
· Personal skills : multi cultural understanding, diplomatic, sense of priority, rigorous, pragmatic, tactic, good communicator