Primary duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Evaluate customer requirements for product functions and quality of existing products / product families.
- Benchmark and comparative study of similar products in the market.
- Study product material properties, product process parameters and its impact to product performance and quality.
- Study product design against its application purpose, functional and quality requirements to explore the improvement opportunities.
- Concept design new improvement ideas using 3D solid modelling.
- Perform engineering calculations and/or use other CAE tools such as FEA, simulation software to verify new concepts.
- Develop DVP and test specification details or instructions for validation tests and supervise the validation tests. Perform test data analysis and write test reports.
- Develop engineering documents for product training and market delivery.
- Lead the reengineering project team and coordinate with external / internal customers, suppliers, third party labs, colleagues to complete the projects successfully.
- Establish business plans for the brand development, study and develop reports for improvement areas in the sales, business or key projects.
- Deploy the long term brand strategy.
- Challenge and coach the local / regional and cross-regional marketing, sales and project team for the roll out and implementation of the brand strategy, and coordinate with the central functions (Corporate Marketing, Purchasing and Strategic Pricing).
Education/Experience/Skills and Abilities:
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering field in product related subjects with focus in mechanical design
- Experience in fastener design and manufacturing including coating, plating, heat treating, etc. will be considered as a plus.
- Familiar using engineering tools such as solid modeling, FEA, simulation.
- Innovative and self-motivated
- Possess project management and leadership skills to lead the projects successfully.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work in a multi-cultural environment and effectively coordinate various activities.
- Fluent in English is a must and other Asian language preferred.