The Project Engineer --Plans, leads, and directs project management activities for assigned scope within an organization. Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's and industry’s established policies and objectives. Develops product and manufacturing technologies that provide high quality products, excellent customer service and optimize profitability for the Company.
Reports to Manager of Engineering.
Essential Job Functions:
"• Coordinates launch of new programs. Identifies and develops process and equipment needed to produce specific products, parts, and components utilizing data, standards, and past problem quality information, as well as industry specific skills and experience and know the products.
• Familiar with process design, APQP & TS, can do product quotations.
• Provides advanced project timing, and monitors the progress of new programs, and checks the opening issues.
• Prepare PPAP documentation so customer will allow product shipments and approve invoices for tools.
• Establish part flow, control plans and PFMEAS, BOMs and routings on new launch parts.
• Provide initial project timing plan for new programs
• Support program launches on site at manufacturing facilities"
"• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in the automotive industry including Tier I experience, and demonstrated knowledge of industry standards such as FMEA, CAE, APQP gateways, etc.
• Demonstrated successful project leadership responsibility. "
"• Job requires substantial time working in a manufacturing/plant environment.
• Job requires sitting, standing, and walking, mostly at the incumbent’s discretion.
• Normal visual acuity required for computer work.
• Significant local and overnight travel is required to COMPANY facilities.
• Position requires frequent exposure to noise, temperature extremes, moving parts, fumes, etc. in a plant environment."