1 Achieve defined quality targets
2 Initialize, write and act on all the WPS, WPQR etc. documents needed in the welding department to comply with customer specification.
3 Qualify the procedures and operators and continually verify their certified skills regarding welding and other related issues. Propose and initialize training plans if necessary.
4 Execute and manage technical tests on welds.
5 Advise other departments concerning the welding.
1. Take necessary actions and has the authority to do so, to correct problems, improve procedures and take preventive action to avoid future problems in the field of welding and other fields of in the company activities that influence the welding quality.
2. Take necessary actions in case non-conformities with the customer requirements have been detected.
3. Responsible for checking that the profile and panel drawings used in the company, including the tolerances, are designed in such a way that they can ensure a good welding quality, productivity and final product quality, including tolerances and has the responsibility to intervene if unsuitable designs are proposed.
4. Set up the quality control plan (QCP) and non destructive evaluation (NDE) plan.
5. Responsible for the training matrix of the welding-operators and related technical personnel.
6 Right to be involved for the specifications of the welding equipment and related measurement tools and equipment.
7 Participation in following up the calibration of the welding equipment and the measuring tools together with production. Also for keeping track of the evolution of welding equipment and verification procedures and methods.
8 Supervising the Bills Of Material
9 Participation in technical evaluation of welding-subcontractors
10 Take active part, and lead the discussions in the field of welding, in inspections, audits etc. by certification bureaus, classification societies, customers and subcontractors.
11 Responsible for his own safety and health, and for that of his subordinates. Make proposals and advise the Health and Safety officer.
12 Responsible to drive the continuous improvement activities in the field of welding.
Skills and post Qualification
1 Schooling: Engineer + IWE, certified according to ISO14731
2 Know-how: on welding specific relevant articles of the ISO 3834.
3 Languages: Chinese, English
4 Be prepared to learn about other fields outside the welding technology
5 Specific characteristics : team spirit, driven, precise, customer-orientated, diplomatic, honest, stress-resistant, managerial, flexible