1. Assures suite of office automation applications and PC hardware and peripherals uphold high level of integrity, reliability, availability, and dependability.
2. Establishes and maintain purchased software license enforcement processes and procedures.
3. Ensures high level of virus protection is deployed for all JND users.
4. Coordinate PC hardware upgrade planning, evaluation, recommendation, and justification.
5. Supervises configuration, testing, installation, upgrade, and maintenance of PC's, printers, and related peripherals, including network printers, mainframe terminals, and printers.
6. Ensures all JND end-user computing staff members are adequately trained on operation of relevant JND applications and systems administration.
7. Maintains common operations, standards, and service level measurements for support staff. Utilize measurements to determine proper staffing and work distribution.
8. Performs troubleshooting, analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware and software problems. Recommends and implements corrective solutions to realize problem recovery
9. Performs moves/adds/changes and repairs as required to infrastructure equipment and software (i.e., servers, network communication, and collaboration), in accordance with approved standards.
10. Strives to meet or exceed performance targets including IT Service Level Expectations and agreements.
11. Logs activity, including solution development and documentation; prepares activity/progress reports, utilizing personal computer (PC) and keyboard/mouse.
· Good communication skills, analysis/plan and implementation skills, interpersonal skills, trouble shooting skills
· Desire to follow-up quickly on problems and tasks, with the ability to utilize all available resources in order to resolve issues promptly.
· Demonstrated excellence in customer service skills and ability to follow through to completion.
· Fluency in English and Chinese in writing, speaking.
· Ability and willingness to travel to remote sites if/when necessary
· Ability to support Hewlett-Packard (HP)/Intel servers
· Ability to support Microsoft (MS) Windows server operating systems (especially 2003 version)
· Ability to support Cisco products (routers, switches, wireless devices).
· Ability to support global Email environment (Outlook and Exchange)
· Knowledge of network management and troubleshooting tools
· Ability to support collaboration tools (i.e., Email, faxing, document management)
· Knowledge of telecommunications troubleshooting; ability to work with providers
· Demonstrated troubleshooting skills in hardware and software arenas
· Demonstrable knowledge of networking, cabling specifications, and standards
· Ability to be on call, carry cellular communication device, and be available/on site within established Service Levels.
· University or community college degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication or equivalent.
· 5 years experience in supporting computers, PC/LAN, telecommunication networks and project implementation
· Significant experience in configuring and troubleshooting Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. (Microsoft certification recommended.)
· Experience in troubleshooting PC based applications. In particular, Outlook, and the Microsoft Office suite.
· Experience in, Windows 2000 and 2003 Server, IIS, Terminal Server, and SQL Server.
ASSETS - preferred
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Exchange+ certification.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Hewlett Packard (HP) Self-Maintainer Certification.