Head Business Development
(A comprehensive statement on how this job supports Companies Business plans and achieves the objectives) Spearhead business development initiatives of the company.
(Facts and figures concerning the job)
Number of persons reporting to: Coordinator in Estimation team (Lateral reporting)
Span of Control: Identification of opportunity till tender documents are received and submitted.
Location: Dubai, U.A.E
KRA (Key responsibility areas):
(List 6 to 7 specific job functions where the job holder spends 80% of time and responsibilities linked to achieve)
- Network with Consultants / Employers at close intervals and obtain firsthand information of upcoming project prospects.
- Liaise and meet the existing/new Consultants/ Clients at periodic intervals, coordinating corporate presentations about and visits to SECL project sites to showcase and promote SECL’s capabilities in terms of Quality, Safety and Delivery of projects on time.
- Identify opportunities through market intelligence, review of project portals and tender notices - gather and develop database of specific tenders, projects and long term opportunities
- Develop a pipeline of viable tenders in Building Construction by screening potential prospects from the view point of reputation of Client/ Consultant, Financial capability, preparedness/ approvals status, repeat order potential, market competition scenario and/or any other relevant screening criteria
- Schedule priorities of prospective projects to be targeted and formulate strategies to aggressively target identified projects, presenting the same to the Senior Management for decision and to implement the decision of Senior Management.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, collect information about competitors participating in the tenders, prepare competitors analysis and present the same to the Estimation team and Senior Management
- Actively involve in the proposals and Bidding / Quoting tenders - work individually, and in close coordination with the Estimation & Tendering team, researching and understanding client’s requirements in respect of the submissions to be made to ensure that all submissions are appropriate and complete
- Coordinate with the Estimation & Tendering team to seek clarifications required in the Tenders / RFQs / EOIs and ensure that the replies are received as per the schedule
- Attend tender negotiation meetings along with Estimation team to ensure that all required submissions are made as per schedule and coordinate/ follow up till the work is awarded.
- Prepare Lost Tender Analysis with specific focus on analysis regarding competitors
- Perform detailed risk analysis involving Credit risk of prospective clients, Market risks and other business risks
- Review the existing PQ Document of the company and suggest improvements/new sections/modifications etc. in line with the latest market intelligence to make the PQ document more impressive and relevant
- Screen new segment/geographies in Building Construction thorugh due diligence on analyzing the new segment/geography, business environment, upcoming/expected projects, existing competition, entry strategy, etc. and present the same to the Senior Management
- Conduct Customer Satisfaction survey of existing clients
- Protect organization's interest by keeping all information confidential.
Job Competencies (Technical & Behavioral):
- Technical: List of critical qualifications and work experience required for the job
Educational Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree/Masters in Business Management or in any Engineering discipline
- Should possess a minimum of 5 years of relevant business development experience in Construction Projects, out of which at least two years in UAE/ Middle East with demonstrated track record of increased clientele year on year.
- Emirati national / Arabic language proficiency would be an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of UAE’s Building Construction Industry
- Excellent networking capabilities with Consultants / Clients
- Thorough understanding of the tendering processes - well versed with tender documents, contract conditions, technical specifications - for all kind of building projects
- Understanding of the pre-requirements for award of projects
Total Experience: 15 to 25 years
Age: 40 to 50
- Behavioral: List personal traits and leadership skills req. for the job
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Strong aptitude for relationship development & management
Entrepreneurial approach to all business development initiatives
Enjoys challenges and responsibility
Highly resourceful in terms of potential connections
Diligent and continually strives to ensure tasks are completed to a high standard.
Believes in the concept of teamwork, ensuring new ideas are developed and work practices improved
Internal and External stake holders including Consultants, Clients and local authorities wherever applicable.
Complexity of Job:
Walking an extra mile in dealing with Consultants / Clients and bag jobs amidst competition