The IT unified comms technician is mainly responsible for the smooth running of Technologies clients' communications infrastructure and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the clients organization, but may include:
• Installation and configuration of voice infrastructure products
• Monitoring and maintaining comms infrastructures.
• Guiding clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• Troubleshooting problems including hardware and software faults.
• Experience with design and configuration of voice infrastructure
• Experience with Avaya, IP Office Range and Aura conferencing
• Experience in Panasonic unified communication systems.
• Good understanding & experience of Open source/SIP Based telephony like Asterisk, Freeswitch .
• Understanding of different voice codecs like H.323, SIP, G.711, G.729 and SCCP.
• Configuration of IVR/Auto attendant and voice mail systems across the above mentioned products
• Designing & implementing inbound/outbound call flow routing.
• Implementing call restrictions as per the call flow policy.
• Interconnecting telephony for multiple branches.
• Experience with Cisco CUCM and CME will be a plus.