Technical Quality Controller Stokenchurch, Buckinghamshire
The company has been active in the field of safety for 90 years. With qualified and independent expert services, we work for safety on the road, at work and at home. These services range from vehicle inspection and expert appraisals to claims services, industrial and building inspections, safety consultancy, testing and certification of products and systems, as well as training courses.
Here in the UK we are amongst the fastest growing independent vehicle inspection companies. As we welcome more B2B clients, adding to the many that we already serve, we need motivated, experienced team players to help us deliver the highest possible professional service
The key purpose of this office-based role is to ensure our field based engineers deliver accurate, timely and professional inspection reports and to manage the policies and procedures of our UK operation.
The Technical Quality Controller will also ensure that all record-keeping (e.g. engineers’ contracts, proofs of insurance, annual tooling audit and qualification documents) is maintained, up-to-date and communicated with the appropriate parties (e.g. the Human Resources).
The role will also ensure that our engineers remain compliant with current legislation, professional standards and health & safety.
There is also a requirement to deliver various ad hoc reports and liaise with our associated companies around the world for sharing best practice and developing new initiatives.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The core responsibilities of this role are to monitor and improve, where necessary, the quality of our engineers’ reports, ensure all field-based staff comply with company protocols and to help develop the operating procedures of the business.
· Engineers’ inspection reports
· Review daily to ensure the content is accurate, complete and professionally presented before the report is delivered to the client.
· Monitor individual engineers’ reports to identify training needs and liaise with the Operations Manager to facilitate continuous improvement and customer quality.
· Through consultation with our company management team, identify ways to improve the structure, content, style and consistency of the engineers’ reports.
· Ensure the business remains compliant with current legislation, professional standards and best practice (e.g. health and safety)
· Through close liaison with the Operations Manager, undertake internal auditing of engineers’ tools, equipment and qualifications
· Identify best practice opportunities through liaison with our parent company in Stuttgart, together with members of the management team, to drive procedural efficiency and operational effectiveness
· Support the Customer Services Manager with customer enquiries, case management and process improvement
· To assist with the creation and implementation of all internal administrative procedures and policies with responsibility to improve efficiency
· Scope and develop a framework for the health & safety of engineers to inform the business’ operational policy.
· Identify activities and consult trusted sources to robustly support the development of the model that the business should adopt going forwards.
· Ensure all documentation is completed and recorded.
· Manage this policy on an ongoing basis, adopting a policy of continuous improvement.
· Analyse activity levels across the business, including engineer utilisation, sales prospecting conversion and other performance improvement opportunities
· To support the management team in the construction of monthly management information, reporting and performance analysis
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS JOB PURPOSE
This is an excellent opportunity for a technical specialist to be part of an expanding and forward thinking team. The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience in formal vehicle maintenance, servicing or MOT, with a City & Guilds level 3 or HNC/HND equivalent and preferably be a member of the IMI or IRTE. You will be working alongside our head office staff so must be able to demonstrate strong team working skills and be able to contribute to the development of new procedures to improve the performance of the business.
You must also be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
· Delivering excellent customer service
· Planning and organisation
· IT competency, particularly in the core products of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Judgement and decision making
· Communication skills
· Analysing information
· Examine and question requirements of clients and colleagues
· Active listening