Identification and conversion of suitable target customers for the company.
Actively seek opportunities to increase the value of new and existing customers through the development of a deep understanding of the customer’s business needs.
Ensuring deal compliance on customer contracts to guarantee achievement of agreed targets.
Capable of high level negotiation with senior business partners to achieve win/win scenarios.
Develop an in depth knowledge of the key competitors, including their strengths and weaknesses, to enable any opportunities to be exploited.
Work with the wider Company teams across marketing, trading and the refinery to provide efficient cost effective services to the customer that generate additional margin via new offerings or by reducing the cost to serve.
This is a permanent position within the Commercial business unit, a key sector within our marketing team.
The role has no direct reports but will involve numerous interfaces with colleagues within Marketing, the wider company team and business service providers to enable customer propositions to be developed and successful conversions to be processed through the back office set up process.
The role is field based and includes a job allocated company car to enable customer and prospect calls to take place, expectation would be that 3 days per week would be in the field and any administration days would take place at the site.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience: complete for Recruitment
Specify the educational background, qualifications and experience typically required to perform the job fully and effectively. Consider the likely experience required to have gained the skills for this role.
· The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a very high level of sales competence in a front line role for a minimum of 3 years, allied with technical literacy, project management capability and good understanding of operational supply chains.
· Solid track record in Key Account Management, co-ordinating service providers to fulfill customer requirements while controlling cost to serve.
· Specific sales experience within the commercial fuels sector and an in depth understanding of competitor offerings.
· Suitable candidates possessing a high level of competence in part of the role requirements will be considered at Account Manager level.
· Degree standard education or work place based training equivalent.
- Account management of a specified portfolio of customers to deliver the sales plan on margin and volume, ensuring adherence to contractual agreements including payment terms and credit limits.
- Identify and convert new credit worthy business opportunities that enhance the overall portfolio.
- The candidate must be able to develop and maintain long term relationships with customers at senior level right up to boardroom, while co-ordinating the activities of our internal and external service providers to achieve our overall sales targets.
- Provide continuous margin improvement using analysis of business MI and via close co-operation with the wider business teams.
- Provide technical and commercial understanding of the product and supply chain to create added value to the customer.
- Negotiate and agree contracts with target customers within the parameters laid down within the manual of authorities.
- Be responsible and proactive in HSSE issues affecting customers, staff and business partners.
- Utilise insightful business analysis enabling better decision-making, tender costing, volume tracking, and customer profitability analysis for the portfolio.
- Utilise margin and volume data to make sound business decisions and optimise sell out pricing across the Commercial business by reacting to real time market, customer and competitor information.
To Develop, grow and maintain a range of prospective and existing accounts for the company within a defined portfolio, ensuring targets on volume, profitability and payments are adhered to at all times.
To Develop new markets for the company as additional locations are opened; coordinating between Supply, Sales Support and the wider Marketing team to deliver additional margin growth opportunities.
Number of Customers: 50-60
2015/16 Expected Sales Volume = 0.25 – 1BL. (Home base 250ML and Resellers 1BL)
2015/16 Total Margin = £TBC
Geography = National, however, primary supply areas will be; North West, Midlands and Northampton.
The commercial team is responsible for the sale of the company’s domestic output. As an Account Manager, or Key Account Manager the dimensions will vary dependant on the portfolio covered. The role offers the potential to develop into a Key account position for the candidate demonstrating the correct competency profile and experience to take on a higher level of responsibility for managing the sector.
Competences: Refer to Job Competence profile
Competencies required equate to JG4 at Key Account Manager level and JG5 at Account Manager level.
Selling and Negotiating – Mastery / Skill
Relationship Building – Mastery / Skill
Delivers Results – Mastery / Skill
Customer Relationship Management – Mastery / Skill
Market Awareness – Skill / Knowledge