The role is a permanent position within the Retail business unit, which is a newly set up sector within Our Company Marketing team. The role has no direct reports but will involve numerous interfaces with colleagues within the Marketing team to enable customer propositions to be developed and successful conversions to be processed through the back office set up process.
Number of Customers: 20-30 (estimated)
2015 Sales Volume = 60 - 90,000,000 litres
2015 Total Margin = £TBC
Retail is a new market entry for our company in 2015 and a key requirement in the role is to identify, convert and ultimately manage a portfolio of Our Company branded retail outlets as part of a very ambitious project plan.
Geography = North West, Midlands and Northampton will be initial target areas.
To develop and manage long-term customer relationships with Retail customers at senior level and to co-ordinate the activities of all service providers supporting these accounts to achieve the overall sales targets.
To Develop new markets for the company as additional locations are developed; coordinating between Supply, Sales Support and the wider Marketing team to deliver additional margin growth opportunities.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience: complete for Recruitment
Specify the educational background, qualifications and experience typically required to perform the job fully and effectively. Consider the likely experience required to have gained the skills for this role.
· The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a very high level of sales competence in a front line role for a minimum of 3 years, allied with technical literacy, project management capability and good understanding of operational supply chains.
· Solid track record in Key Account Management, co-ordinating service providers to fulfil customer requirements while controlling cost to serve.
· Specific sales experience within the branded retail fuels sector and an in depth understanding of competitor offerings.
· Suitable candidates possessing a high level of competence in part of the role requirements will be considered at Account Manager Level.
· Degree standard education or work place based training equivalent.
· Account management across the portfolio co-ordinating a range of cross functional providers to ensure cost effective, profitable operations are maintained.
· Identify and convert new branded and unbranded retail opportunities.
· Identifying and realising new business opportunities with major dealer groups across the UK.
· Margin generation (uplift over ADV) for sales of retail grades across the portfolio.
· Technical/commercial understanding of the supply chains of retail grades to the end user of Our Company and competitors.
· Understanding and acting consistently with the potential conflicts associated with selling through the unbranded and branded channels.
· Agreeing sound contracts with target customers, explicitly managing liability/reputational issues arising from the use of the Our Company brand. .
· Be responsible and proactive in HSE issues that affect the individual dealer and end customer.
Key Challenges: Complete for Recruitment – on an ongoing basis this is likely to be covered by Agreed objectives
Describe in 2-3 statements key challenges to be faced in this position
Identification and conversion of suitable target customers to the Our Company brand.
Ensuring deal compliance on customer contracts to guarantee achievement of agreed targets.
Capable of high level negotiation with senior retail partners to achieve win/win scenarios.
Competences: Refer to Job Competence profile
For recruitment identify the 4-5 key competences that are essential for the role and likely to describe/differentiate successful performance in this role.
Competencies required equate to JG4 at Key Account Manager level and JG5 at Account Manager level.
Selling and Negotiating – Mastery / Skill
Relationship Building – Mastery / Skill
Delivers Results – Mastery / Skill
Customer Relationship Management – Mastery / Skill
Market Awareness – Skill / Knowledge