My client, a fully integrated infrastructure solutions business which specialises in delivering improved operating performance of commercial and industrial facilities focusing upon three key delivery areas - Engineering Consultancy, Operations & Maintenance and Energy Trading.
Operating on a 24/7 basis, they provide quality service and have been shaped by a strong history in managing, operating and maintaining some of Europe’s largest industrial facilities.
They are currently in a position to recruit a Mechanical Engineer at their site in the North East.
This job description details the requirements for the role of the Mechanical Engineer, reporting directly to the Engineering and Maintenance Manager.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
It is the responsibility of the Mechanical Engineer to give support to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager and ensure that all plant under his/her control remains operational, ensuring availability of all mechanical plant associated with the Processing Plant including statutory compliance of that plant.
· Provide mechanical and technical support to other departments within the site in order to maximise output of associated facilities, achieving maximum availability, in a safe and efficient manner.
· Remain up to date with mechanical and engineering best practice, industry trends and data and statutory requirements. To include; Pressure System Safety Regulations, Pipeline Safety Regulations, COMAH, design codes, site specifications and document control procedures.
· Assist in providing functional design specifications on any new plant developments, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards.
· Play an active role in plant safety schemes such as Near Hits or Incident Investigations, providing support where required and actively implement any recommendations arising from those schemes.
· To assist in the compliance & development of the Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
· Assist in the development and continued enhancement of the ISO Quality Management System. The Mechanical Engineer will assist in ensuring that all systems are compliant with all ISO standards and maintained to the highest specifications.
· It is the duty of the Mechanical Engineer to oversee all maintenance development within the department.
· As required, to act as Outage Manager for any planned or unscheduled shutdowns, to ensure all aspects of mechanical work are completed to programme, in a safe and efficient manner.
· Assist in recruiting, training and motivating all plant staff ensuring compliance with the safe working procedures at all times. Build a strong team capable of working safely and effectively in order to meet the demands of Processing Plant.
· Organise, prepare, negotiate, manage and review all relevant maintenance contracts.
· The Mechanical Engineer will control and routinely review monetary budgets under his /her control inclusive of management of all associated contracts and set the respective annual budgets.
· Establish strong, effective relationships with all members of the mechanical department and its key customers & contractors – internal and external.
· To be a key member of the emergency call-out team, performing call-out duties on a rota basis.
· In line with both internal & external compliance requirements, undertake assigned audits, communicating outcomes & supporting & driving action completion
· To act a technical advisor and process safety champion in aspects of mechanical engineering at site.
· Support the execution of HSE intervention visits associated with Mechanical Engineering.
· To contribute to E&M and mechanical section and department meetings, team objectives, policies and procedures.
· To portray the position of Mechanical Engineer in a positive and professional manner.
· Deputise for the E&M Manager as required.
· Maintenance & contract management
· Inspection, testing & compliance
· Outage planning & management
· Functional design specifications
· Operations interface, policies & procedure
· Legislative & best practice standards
· People management & development.
· Working cross functionally – individually & in a team. Delivering policies, initiatives & compliance to meet business requirements.
· Develop, implement & evaluate systems, upgrades, improvements & modifications.
· Building & maintaining effective relationships with customers & contractors.
Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer
Chartered or working towards Chartered status