Sector Airlines & Fleets
The sector Airlines and Fleets consists of a number of Strategic Business Units (SBU’s) that provide engine and APU maintenance, repair and overhaul services to (regional) airlines. In addition some military and government organizations are part of the customer base, as well as certain Fixed Base Operators (FBO’s, i.e. airframe maintenance companies that outsource engine maintenance on behalf of aircraft operators). Engine types serviced are PT6, PW100, CF34, RR AE3007 and CFM56-7 as well as a range of APU-types. The main overhaul facilities are located in USA and Canada. These facilities are supported by a number of service centers, including locations in EMEA and Australia.
International Sales Team Airlines & Fleets
Currently the team consists of four (5) Regional Sales Managers and a Sales Assistant who report to the Director International Sales EMEA. The Director reports to the VP of Global Sales & Marketing for the Airlines & Fleets Sector. The EMEA Sales Team is responsible for all sales related activities in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia. Team members are based in various locations, sometimes based in home offices, sometimes working out of one of the service centers.
Reason for hiring
Due to continuous growth of the portfolio (number of products and revenue), there is an opportunity to recruit an additional Sales Manager whose primary focus will be on the Regional airline market in the EMEA region.
Description of the role
The Regional Sales Manager will work in close cooperation with his/her other colleagues who are focusing on other parts of the EMEA region. Exact allocation of target region will be decided based on experience and background of the chosen candidate in combination with experience, background and fit of existing team members. The Regional Sales Manager will become responsible for an existing portfolio of regular customers but an important part of the role is to develop new business relationships. The nature of this can be twofold: increasing the business with existing customers but also by prospecting and defining opportunities with customers where there are no existing relationships. Due to the distance to the ‘back office’ (most support roles are located in North America) it is important to be able to work independently. Finding the right balance between ‘doing things on your own’ and working with the internal back office is an important aspect of the role. For that the Regional Sales Manager needs to be able to establish very efficient working relationships both internally (with your colleagues) as well as externally (with customers and other stakeholders).
The basic responsibility can be described as being responsible for signing up new agreements that lead to new/additional business for the sector. All commercial aspects that are part of the process to get to the point of signing a contract are part of the scope. Regular reporting through the company Customer Relationship Management system is an important aspect of the job. Obviously, the Regional Sales Manager is also responsible for a decent handover to the business unit once an agreement is signed.
• In order to communicate effectively with our (potential) customers and most of the colleagues, fluency in English is ‘a must’. At least one other language would be preferred.
• Candidates need to demonstrate ability to make the connection between local market and mainly North American business units and ‘make the cultural and business connection’.
• Demonstrate ability to manage a network of representatives.
• Domicile needs to be within the assigned region and close to a major international airport with connections to the majority of destinations in the territory or needs to be prepared to relocate there.
• Experience in / knowledge of / and a network in the regional airline market is required.
• Experience in / knowledge of engine maintenance on any of the aforementioned engine types is a pré.
• Candidates need to demonstrate the ambition and ‘drive’ to be an independent Regional Sales Manager able to sell complex programs and products. Need to have analytical skills.
About this company
Our client is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. They serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets. Our client provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership a few years ago.