The Sales Director EMEA will have direct responsibility to establish and lead the sales development strategy, with primary responsibility to increase our sales growth and share gain into the target regions of Russia, Middle East and Europe. To this end, the position holder will develop and implement a sales strategy for these regions – both direct and via distribution – for all products and applications; identify resource requirements; and additionally work closely with CPI to leverage sales. To be a champion of the Sales Excellence process to track and win business.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
1. Develop and implement the strategic business plans for the three regions to achieve planned sales growth and share gain, including agreement with channels and in line with planned revenue targets and within agreed timescales.
2. Achieve the agreed Sales, Order and Ship Profit annual plans and targets.
3. Lead the Sales Team by providing a clear sense of direction and high realistic expectations. Motivate and empower the Sales Team to be accountable with a strong desire to succeed.
4. Maintain/upgrade intellectual capital by developing existing employees and attracting qualified employees. Establish performance measurement objectives and development plans for managers and other direct reporting personnel. Review performance periodically and as dictated by the performance appraisal programme.
5. Review and revise the sales structure as required to meet the sales strategy, realign resources to support growth areas and products, in liaison with the Managing Director of EU Vending.
6. Establish strong strategic relationships at the highest level within our customer base to develop alliances, influence decision makers and demonstrate the value proposition. Maintain a network of contacts with appropriate government officials and regulatory bodies as required.
7. Identify potential business expansion opportunities in the regions, including joint ventures and acquisition.
8. Develop and achieve lead manufacturer/supplier status for Crane products.
9. Supervise customer proposal development. Review and approve cost estimates and complex commercial issue evaluations (risk, bonus/penalty, liquidated damages escalation etc). Review and approve value-based prices and associated profit level recommendations. Obtain executive management approval, as necessary.
10. Lead or participate in the negotiation of significant commercial agreements with customers.
11. Identify and implement appropriate ‘Channel to Market’ strategies by country to maximise all opportunities.
12. Understand the competitive threat in each territory and measure/evaluate our value propositions to compete.
13. Implement the Sales, Inventory and Order Planning (SI&OP) and obtain the co-operation of key accounts and distributors in this forecasting process.
14. Report weekly and monthly on the progress within the regions and other relevant data, as required.
15. Participates actively in the CBS and quality processes including project team involvement
Other Responsibilities and Duties
· Ensure compliance with company policy, business unit policy, safety and quality programme requirements.
· Ensure there are management controls in place which satisfy all legal requirements of the business
· Ensure technical knowledge and understanding of available products, systems and services is maintained at the highest level.
· Expectation to spend 50% to 80% of customer facing out of the office. Travel is a major factor and is predicted to be predominantly in Russia, Europe and Middle East.
· To perform other related duties and assignments as required
· Key member of the senior team
· Work closely with the Managing Director
· Liaise with colleagues in the USA, Europe and CPI
· Work closely with Product Management in the development of value propositions specific to markets/territories.
· Strong Leadership and managerial ability
· Disciplined selling techniques with personal selling skills
· Able to reinforce the value in a sale and not just the cost price.
· Understanding and development of the voice of the customer (VOC)
· Disciplined analytical approach to problem solving
· Project management skills
· Commercial awareness and understanding (ability to see opportunities & how to exploit them)
· Ability to build relationships at all levels
· Demonstrated proficiency in direct and distribution models
· Able to coach and train and hold people responsible
· Ability to see the value proposition and Company values
· Multi-lingual: Fluent English oral and written skills required.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in management or technical field. MBA preferred
· Minimum of ten years experience in senior sales position, preferably with International responsibility in Vending Will have held positions in technical sales, project management, product management and business development.
· Proven achievement of increasing sales revenue/growth internationally.
· Proven experience of managing and leading a team of sales people
· Comprehensive knowledge of the industry.
· Will have sold product solutions.
· Confidence and drive (can do, will do)
· High integrity
· Passion for business and personal contribution
· Global thinker
· High intellect
· Open and direct management style
· Emotionally resilient
· Able to prioritize, plan and organise effectively
· Persuasive and credible, with outstanding written and oral communication.
About the client
Our Client is a leading designer and manufacturer of vending and beverage dispense equipment. They deliver a complete innovative vending solution of hot and cold drinks machines, snack and food merchandisers and versatile combination models in the international marketplace.