You will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team of 12 asset engineers across the mechanical and E/I functions. You will be responsible for their professional development and ensuring this is aligned with the site strategy. Developing and implementing engineering practices and procedures which drive increased reliability of the site assets is a key part of the role. The work undertaken by the engineering function is both capital project based, plus day to day support for the plants. Balancing the acute short term needs whilst maintaining a strategic view on the longer term goals of the site is a constant challenge. This is a high profile role, the incumbent being a member of the site’s senior management team, and an appetite for delivering change and improvement is essential.
· To develop and deliver the site strategy in conjunction with the rest of the site leadership team
· Provide engineering guidance and leadership at the plant level.
· Recommend equipment/processing system modifications and/or replacement as needed to improve plant performance.
· Remain up-to-date on technology related to plant operation.
· Prepare and submit engineering reports as necessary.
· Monitor and control energy consumption and facilitate plans to effective usage.
· Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
· To manage and deliver the site’s capital programme; aligned to the site strategy
· Ensure regulatory compliance in all engineering work
· Ensure technical and QHSE competencies are identified and in place for the engineering team.
· Prepare documentation and data for, and participate in, local reliability improvement teams.
· Lead and actively participate in Root Cause Analysis and embed this philosophy within the site culture.
· Develop engineering practices and procedures based on manufacturer’s recommendations and/or best industry practices.
· Demonstrate accountability for the expenditures of the engineering and capital budget
· Annual review of engineering personnel performance and development plans.
Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Proven experience in project management and management of contractors
· Experience using reliability tools such as Pareto analysis, FMEA, RCM & RCA.
· 15 years’ experience in the reliability field including management of a team on a high hazard installation (upper tier COMAH).
· Strong human relations and interpersonal skills
· Strong problem solving skills in aiding the reliability of the operations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience of rotating machines is desirable.