You will be responsible for inspiring and developing a 40-50 strong site maintenance team as well as leading the company’s maintenance and reliability improvement processes to maximise the performance of business critical equipment. You will be responsible for resolving problems and developing maintenance practices and procedures; you’ll create ongoing preventative maintenance schedules and shape performance monitoring systems for reliability improvement. With excellent communication and people skills, you’ll also own programmes that increase equipment uptime and ensure the availability of equipment, spares and supplies. This high profile role will involve everything from championing root cause analysis and ensuring compliance with regulations
· To maintain the sites equipment, resolve machinery problems/failures and develop ongoing preventative maintenance schedules
· Establish a performance monitoring system (KPI’s) for reliability improvement.
· To develop and own programs to ensure availability of equipment, spare parts and maintenance supplies and improve equipment uptime/reliability.
· Ensure regulatory compliance in all maintenance work
· Ensure technical and QHSE competencies are identified and in place for the maintenance team.
· Prepare documentation and data for, and participate in, local reliability improvement teams.
· Lead and actively participate in Root Cause Analysis and embed this philosophy within the site culture.
· Develop maintenance practices and procedures based on manufacturer’s recommendations and/or best industry practices.
· Demonstrate accountability for the expenditures of the maintenance budget
· Annual review of maintenance personnel performance and development plans.
Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Proven experience in team leadership towards the implementation of reliability maintenance goals and objectives.
· Experience using reliability tools such as Pareto analysis, FMEA, RCM & RCA.
· 15 years’ experience in the reliability field including management of a team on a high hazard installation (upper tier COMAH).
· Have a deep understanding of the planning and scheduling of maintenance work functions as they apply to predictive, preventive, precision, proactive and planned maintenance.
· Strong human relations and interpersonal skills
· Strong problem solving skills in aiding the reliability of the operations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience of rotating machines is desirable.