Responsible for the management of all purchasing activities on behalf of our company.
To develop and drive the company’s procurement strategy, optimising the supply of materials and services to improve profitability and ensure the smooth and efficient running of the businesses activities.
To make a tangible difference to the continuous improvement in purchasing and supply chain activities, engaging with stakeholders across the business.
Sourcing high quality materials (Raw Materials & Finished Goods) and services, leading price negotiations and maintaining SAP master data are integral to this autonomous role.
- Identify and deliver cost savings across both direct and indirect spend
- Report and track cost savings
- Lead key contract negotiations, ensuring effective contracts and sub-contract manufacturing agreements are in place to meet business objectives
- Review and appraise contract terms and conditions
- Support, maintain and develop the indirect purchasing system (Instore)
- Organise and lead supplier review meetings
- Identify and deliver continuous improvement activities/initiatives
- Obtain quotes/prices for new and existing materials and services
- Provide support to the Supply Chain Manager
- Deal with ad hoc business requests/queries as required (e.g. sourcing samples from suppliers)
- Maintaining material cost prices utilising the SAP system
- Responsible for material and contract price negotiation
- The job holder will be managed through regular monthly 1-2-1 sessions and annual objectives.
Experience & Qualifications
- CIPS Qualified
- At least 5 years’ experience of leading strategic purchasing activities
- Relevant SAP experience
- Track record of implementing new processes and procedures
- Aseptic or Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience an advantage
- Supplier management and negotiations
- Experience of project management
- Broader Supply Chain experience would be an advantage
- Dynamic and highly motivated
- Able to work autonomously
- A keen eye for detail
- Proven track record of achieving cost savings and optimising profitability
- Enquiring mind-set, challenging current processes/procedures and convention
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Passion to continuously improve business performance
- Computer literate and highly numerate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
Experience of working within the Pharmaceutical Industry an advantage