Yankee Services Field-service Technician
Position Overview –Yankee Field Service operations provide worldwide on-site machining, grinding and Thermal-spray-coating services for Tissue and Paper making industries.
The position requires a unique set of skills and we acknowledge the need for extensive/ongoing training. Suitable candidates should have appropriate basic qualifications and / or skill set, an aptitude for learning, and a generally positive attitude.
Ideally, candidates should have:
- Knowledge of and experience in Machining and/or Cylindrical Grinding to close tolerances, including the associated mathematical skills required to measure, align and verify said tolerances. This could include CNC machining or related machine shop experience.
- And / or Thermal-spraying (Metal-spraying) experience.
- Industrial mechanical and ‘fitting’ experience, and in mechanical repair work
- Basic electrical knowledge with experience in fault finding.
- Dedication to learning and continuous improvement.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work well alone and within a team environment
- Clean driving license and ability to drive overseas
- Hardworking, ethical, and reliable.
- Field-service work involves 12- hour shifts, with 24 hour cover (2-shifts, day and night), 7 days per week.
- Extensive international travel (minimum of 50% of working time), including during holiday and weekend periods, often at short notice.
- The average project length is 4 to 10 days, including travel days, occasionally longer.
- On-site machining and thermal-spray operations are hot, dirty, and physically demanding.
- Shop-work at our Darwen (Lancashire) base mainly involves the maintenance, upkeep and preparation of our specialist heavy engineering equipment which is used on site.
The position is ideal for a General Machinist or Grinding Technician, used to large cylindrical components. Alternatively, candidates with mechanical or electrical disciplines will be considered suitable, along with the individual’s desire to advance and learn, and possibly with aspirations to lead a small team.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for employment and advancement irrespective of a person’s sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, creed, colour, race, ethnic origin, disability or religion.