European Leading distribution company specialize in composites is looking for a dynamic person who is customer orientated and takes pride on delivering a high level of customer service.
This role of Business development manager Europe will involve regular travel in all EU. The successful candidate will need to have tenacity to maintain this on a long term basis. Therefore, it is important that they have the capability to use their own initiative and work independently.
With a “can do” positive attitude who uses initiative to quickly establish long-term relationships with key customer and strategic suppliers.
The successful candidate will be expected to understand the technical nature of the raw materials so that they can introduce our client raw materials into new market segment.
This role will also involve to have skills from sourcing to final end user, with ability to negotiate contract at different step of the process. (Customers and suppliers). The overall objective of the role is to grow both the turnover and profitability for advanced composite material .
Qualities Include: Building strong supplier relationship, networking, professionalism, detail-oriented, project management , multi-tasking, ability to work in transversal function/organisation and results-oriented.
This position reports to Business Director Composite located in France.
Skill required :
· Marketing/Sales & Product management
· Experience of 7-10 years minimum, in advanced composites,(Epoxy resin, EVER,carbon Aramid fiber, pre preg technology, core material, Adhesives...)
· Scientific Education, Master or Chemist Engineer or equivalent.
· Good knowledge of the EU chemical distribution sector (Specialties).
· Technical background and good understanding of value chain, customer process, formulation and properties.
· German as native language, English operational as a must and any other languages appreciated.(French)
· Cross-cultural experience - Ability to communicate and to report in a clear and concise way
· Manage and lead meetings in effective way - Excellent presentation and contacts approach.
· Team building capability
· Excellent ability for negotiation – Supplier/Internal Customers/Product Orientated.
· Autonomy, Organization, Anticipation
· Motivated, voluntary, rigorous, likes challenge, sense of service.
· Proactive, Focus on results, Able to convince and Team work as a must- Leadership, sense of initiative.
· Practice of Pack Office
· Travel in all EU on frequent basis.
· Sourcing and explore new product line/new supplier’s opportunities.
· Evaluation, definition and positioning product portfolio according to market requirement
· Ensures the Sales & Commercial introduction to targeted market place.
· Manage keys Suppliers, sourcing/Pricing.
· Marketing and promotion.
· Implement Pipe line for new projects
· Support to local sales force.
· Develop comprehensive offer list.
· Ensure basic technical support and training to sales force in collaboration with supplier.
· Ensures the promotion, communication for specific product lines.
· Define action plans to reach commercial objectives in line with BU and supplier’s strategy.
· Regular follow up of turnover/ margins according to budget and objectives
· Follow market trends, competitors SWOT analysis, regulation and supplier strategy
· Maintain promotional and technical information (Product guide, TDS, MSDS)
· Participation to the promotion, marketing actions and communication (trade fairs, associations…)
· Manage problems or claim -Interface between supplier and sales offices
· Full cooperation and synergies with entire Safic-Alcan team. (France/EU)
· Continuously develop technical skills and knowledge within areas of responsibility.