Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Performs risk-based integrated audit procedures on scheduled audit projects in
accordance with approved risk-based audit programs and in a timely, efficient and
professional manner, demonstrating a working knowledge of internal control concepts for
each audit project.
2. For assigned audit projects, clearly documents and evaluates the internal controls
present in the manual, business processes and automated systems being reviewed,
identifying internal control strengths and weaknesses. Prepares audit reports regarding
the audit projects.
3. Prepares audit work papers that accurately and sufficiently document audit tests
performed, in accordance with departmental guidelines (i.e., Internal Audit Manual
4. Consistently provides timely information to the Head of Internal Audit during the audit
project regarding weaknesses noted and recommendations for corrective action.
5. Prepares drafts of risk-based audit matrix, summary memoranda, and statement of audit
exceptions that accurately describe results of tests performed, the nature of control
weaknesses and exposures and identify practical recommendations for improvements.
6. Performs other duties and projects as assigned by management.
7. Examines records, reports, operating practices, and other documentation to determine
compliance with Company policies and procedures and/or external guidance.
8. Identifies process efficiencies when evaluating the underlying risks to the Company.
9. Participates in executing, reporting on, and conducting follow-up activities for all types of
10. Evaluates financial and operational systems and processes for integrity, adequacy of
controls, and compliance with Company's objectives, policies and best practices.
11. Uses discretion when dealing with confidential information.
12. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending continuing professional
education courses, reading relevant publications, establishing personal networks, and
participating in professional societies.
1. University-level degree / Master`s or Bachelor`s degree in accounting, finance or
2. A recognized professional qualification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, CRMA, CFE, CFA)
3. 5-8 years of progressive experience in auditing and accounting (previous internal audit
experience is a plus)
4. A basic understanding of Internal Audit Standards, HGB, IFRS and internal control
systems is required. PCAOB Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO and FCPA are a plus.
5. Knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, audit techniques, test and sampling
methods involved in conducting audits
6. Knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing record keeping systems especially
7. Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both German and English
9. Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with other company staff
(Excellent interpersonal and time management skills)
10. Ability to work unsupervised
11. Strong desire to travel internationally
12. Proficient with Microsoft Office