For a German client, based near Frankfurt, we are looking for an IT System Administrator willing to move to Germany (permanent employment contract). Good English language skills (spoken and written) are required. Knowledge of German is not necessary.
As a member of the IT team, you will provide local IT support to employees and projects. The duties range from basic helpdesk for local users (Lenovo/Windows), project support (SLES system deploy and
administration) and infrastructure maintenance (VMware. SAN, networking).
Your tasks will typically include but are not limited to:
- High level management of the current platform, suggesting improvements and deploying new systems and services
- Installation and configuration of operating system and other software, tuning of operating
- Systems parameters to optimize performance
- Administration of user accounts
- Support to SW development and maintenance in relation to the utilization of system resources
- Implementation and maintenance of scripts and/or procedures where applicable for the automated and/or controlled execution of the above activities, generation or update of technical documentation in relation to system upgrades
- Monitoring of the system performance, investigation of HW and system SW problems and performance of the relevant corrective actions.
Applicants shall have a university degree in computer science (or equivalent).
You should have proven knowledge and at least 2 years hands-on experience with the following:
- GNU/Linux administration using different distributions (SLES / RHEL / Debian)
- File System administration (EXT4, BTRFS, NFS)
- Shell scripting
- Virtualization technologies (VMware Vcenter)
- Windows Helpdesk and hardware maintenance
- Basic networking and IT System design skills
- Definition, implementation, testing and documentation of end-to-end system changes
- Preparation of technical documentation in English in a complete and clear manner
In addition, experience in the installation, administration and troubleshooting on some of the following shall be considered as an advantage:
- VMware vCenter / PowerVC management and troubleshooting
- Network troubleshooting
- The work is organized using a ticketing system (POB) therefore, previous experience on helpdesk and ticket handling is an advantage.
- ITIL Experience
Interested candidates should send a full CV in English to Techitaly@antal.com