Group Head, Commercial Banking
General Working Conditions:
Standard working conditions.
To establish and maintain positive customer relationships, plan and deliver an effective marketing strategy and monitor the progress of new and existing products; as well as provide operational management support on a day-to-day basis.
- Formulation and implementation of the Group’s strategy
- Achieve PBT, Balance sheet and other performance target
- Contribute to the preparation of annual marketing plans and strategies for liability generation to enable Relationship Managers achieve targeted growth objectives.
- Conduct competitor analysis, market analysis and research, customer needs analysis on an ongoing basis to ensure continued competitiveness, relevance and profitability of commercial banking offerings
- Recommend the creation of assets to increase business office profitability
- Contribute to the effective launching of new products to ensure favourable market response and optimum build-up of revenue
- Follow-up with capital intensive resource requisition at Head Office
- Maintain and acquire customer relationships to improve deposit liability growth and mix.
- Relationship Management of High Net worth Customers
- Network with all potential clients in all relevant categories of own locality
- Implement structures for effective commercial customers relationship management and ensure continuous tracking and measurement of corporate customer satisfaction/loyalty
- Work in collaboration with the service quality management department to define and improve commercial banking service delivery standards
- Prepare weekly and monthly PBT reports for Directors
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the line Executive Director.
- Directly supervise the activities of Relationship Managers within own unit to ensure optimal achievement of set targets.
- Monitor and assign targets to Heads to ensure effective focus on target achievement
- Supervise activities of department members and provide coaching, mentoring and training as appropriate
- Monitor/manage performance of subordinates against pre-assigned goals and conduct performance appraisals as required
• Monthly performance report
Key Performance Indicators
- Volume of Sales
- Level of Product Promotion and awareness
- Business Intelligence index
- Customer delivery Service index
- Alliance Management level
- Product Development (interface)
- Channel Management (interface)
- Number of staff Trainings
- Professional Attributes
- Business Knowledge
- Personal Attributes
- Leadership Skills
- Relationship Management
- Sales & Customer Planning
- Opportunity Management
- Sales Evaluation & Reporting
- Sales Execution & Fulfilment
- Market Strategy Formulation
- Product Development
- Knowledge of the Economic Environment
Qualifications & Certifications
- Minimum of First Degree in any discipline
- MBA and or Professional qualification
Minimum of 12-15 years working experience in the banking industry